Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"Pocket-a pocket-a-pocket- a..."

If you know the "pocket-a-pocket-a-pocket-a" quotation email me and I will buy a beverage when we next meet.

I had the long lens on when the sprayer came again- don't know why there was a re-do but fun to watch nonetheless.

I had a wonderful surprise today. When I fired up the laptop today I discovered I had Broadband Speeds. Oh frabjous day! Calloo Callay! I had called Verizon about 10 days ago to inquire if we were to get it out here since it was in both Lander and Riverton. I don't know if the enquiry did something or if it was in the works but I have a great signal and it blazes. I will coast awhile to test reliability but I may say bye, bye," to the satellite connection if this holds up. I called Verizon to say thanks.

The speed was helpful as I downloaded some more music- I am awaiting two Billboard collections then I am calling a screeching halt to this project. 2122 songs on the darn thing and no end in sight. I had some things to clean up on the iPod- some untitled songs and it felt good to accomplish that. We had thunder and about six drops of rain but the thunder had Buster thinking he would just move into the Lindy RV and stay there. I watered my grapevine while I was down there- it was grateful.

My friend and fellow blogger from Casper and his son and I have been having a spirited e-mail exchange about oil, oil prices, environment and politics. It really is stimulating but nobody seems to be budging. I am watching for signs that the sense of humor is waning. Not worth losing a nice friend over. Our mental exercise will still boil down to one measly vote each and whatever we can do to conserve.

Made a meatloaf tonight and the hounds thought I was just brilliant. Honey just headed out the door with a 12 volt adapter-just about her favorite things and I have an endless supply that all belong to some unique piece of equipment. I'd better rescue it.
Posted by Picasa