Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Looking Around in My Backyard

Finally, I broke free of dog-sitting and domesticity, saddled up the VW and headed out to see the sights in my own backyard. I ranged about 25 miles from my door. I was rewarded with some great flowers, lush prairies, full streams and a beautiful afternoon. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

This picture of an alpine meadow was taken in Sinks Canyon State Park. It will be worth your while to click it to enlarge it. The lupine are in full bloom.
The Popo Agie (Poposia) river is not in flood anymore but it is pretty full.
This lake is hidden from most- about a mile from my house and the grassland and majestic Wind Rivers looked great to me. Clicken to embiggen.

Lupine in full bloom They don't last too long so they are a treat to behold.

While up in Sinks Canyon, I used the Smartphone- Motorola Q to do a Windows Livesearch for Pizza. (You can type or speak the name) There is a great homegrown pizza place in Lander and I can never remember the name. From the Web, the name (Tony's) and the number came up I pushed a button and my garlic chicken pizza was waiting for me when I drove through town. I introduced the dogs to a new taste treat. They weren't too mad at being left home but I am being stalked by Buster. I will have to be sneaky to do it again very soon.

Dear Lori sent a gift package for the doggies. Toys for Honey- which she loves, and treats for Buster. A nice surprise and it made their day. Mine too.

More Wyoming Scenery at the link:

Great Sights in My Own Backyard


Posted by Picasa