Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Fog is Lifting

Another day of unexpected sleep-the afternoon nap was long and befuddling-"Where am I?" But, like the clearing skies, my head is clearing too. The local rag, The Riverton Ranger, declares our multi-year drought is over in view of the record setting rains we have had-over 4 inches in eight days. To this I say, not so fast-hot dry winds can change things in a hurry but I too am jubilant that rivers and streams are full, snow is prolific in the lower and upper mountains, the prairie had a chance to absorb lots of rain and the vegetation is popping. As soon as weather permits, I will go take some pictures of the phenomena for you to see and for me to have for the scrapbook.

An apology to the usual suspects: The neighbor's dogs are not the garbage hounds. Coons made another foray even getting on the back porch. The rains have kept me from getting Thomas down to haul the trash so there is all this fascinating and icky stuff to attract the coons. Erase from your memory those grade school pictures of the cute little coons washing their food in the stream-they like nasty garbage.

Had to be the Grinch with the dogs-reminding of my father: "No rough-housing in the house." They had ample opportunity to play outside tonight but we are in by dark and they had to rough and tumble and amusing as it is, it tends to escalate to hysteria. Buster has perfect pack manners to the point of not eating until I at least start eating, Honey is starting to get it but not when it comes to food- first she gets the good stuff from her dish, heads for Buster's dish which he sweetly shares after he has gotten the good stuff, then to to my lap where soulful eyes and whining gets her no place.

Cuz Donna called: she was interested in going mobile with her computer. She found Sprint has a good deal on an aircard and you can put it on hiatus for $10.00 a month when you are not using it. She is up and running.

I think I hear coons on the roof-"See ya in the funny papers,"as my uncle Ed used to say.