Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Early Monday Morning: It is doubtful that anything of import will happen today. It is raining buckets and even the dogs are casting a jaundiced eye on the prospect of going outdoors. We've got grub and it appears in my case that my old enemy sleep deprivation crept up on me so I will work on catching up. Broke out the chemical help for the serotonin yesterdaywhen it hit home. Yesterday was a dozy day: piddled with the VW-tarted her up with stuff to make the tires and running boards shine black and tried a different wax on the top. The dogs could not be enticed into it-Buster would have-so they got put in the house when I went for a spin.

The dogs went on an odyssey yesterday-they were in sight but rambling. When they came back Miss fancypants, Honey, was out of control. So we had a leash training session and she has been good as gold since-sweet. From what I have seen and read I think this breed tests the waters daily as to who is leader of the pack and is happy enough to be a lower number than one but you have to establish it every day. Pyrs are descended from European wolves. Poor old Buster overdid it on his gimpy leg- he nursed it and was a slow mover the balance of the day but I could see he was having a ball showing Honey the sights.

Wake me up when the Sun comes out.