Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Stick in the Muds



The fabled green Dodge was making stuck in the mud noises this morning which drew me and my camera. Peggy hopped out and Harlan drove it out of the mud. Just those two feeding today. They saw me and did not drive in my part of the pasture though the two year olds often do end up feeding below the house. Two trips with less weight would keep the ground intact. As my grass in the yard is lush and the pasture is criminally overgrazed, our annual trouble is going to start. Cows will end up in my yard. I send Buster on perimeter patrol and he is good at keeping them at a distance. Like a good boy he always awaits permission to spring into action. So we miss them sometimes when they make their move. The Norse's dogs, perpetually underfed, raided my garbage bags in the rain last night making a mess. I started the day annoyed and it did not get much better.

We had two inches of rain and the newspaper said they had 10 inches of snow at the Riverton airport. It melted right away but there is white stuff on Beaver Rim and the Wind Rivers down to a low elevation. All bodes well for growing and green. But I have been cold and cooped up so I am ready for a sunshine break.

Click on the pictures to embiggen them. You can see the Little Wind River is about to leave its bed.

This is my 600th Blog Entry on this blog. Apparently there is no prize.

Posted by Picasa