Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Beware: Purple Prose Follows:

Beware; Purple Prose Follows:
Spring in the High Plains happens in its own good time. The calendar is only a rough guide. As I sat on the deck this early morning, the pasture was golden with dandelions, the black heifers and calves basked in the sunshine. The llamas leisurely surveyed the land. The plum blossoms popped releasing their sweet perfume and honeybees buzzed business-like catching early pollen and nectar. Birds chattered and flew swooping in front of me. The sun warmed my back. Two puffy clouds floated against the background of a Wyoming blue sky- pale from the altitude and crystalline clean. Connected with the day by all my senses, a frisson of joy to be alive and in this place and time; I was in the picture of Wyoming Spring.