Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Buster Sums It Up

He looks ferocious but is really very gentle with Honey. He would like to bite her I think but today so would I. If there are 7 dog years to a human year I guess we are in the "terrible twos." Say, "No" and the ears go back and she looks the other way. Correct her and she sneaks and does something naughty-like pee inside. She is persistent. LOTS of energy and she likes to manipulate things and chew electrical cords. She is feeling her oats- I think she is completely comfortable here but I am going to back her off feeling quite so confident. Baby or no, there is a pecking order around here. She and Buster can work out who is number two and who is number three.

The Wyoming Weather is pulling all its tricks out of the bag. When I walked the dogs for the last time last night it was snowing. There was snow on the ground this morning. When I was coming back from town this afternoon I needed the air conditioner. I think with the wetness of the past few days we are going to get a period of green which is so welcome and treasured because it is transient.

The trip to town was to fulfill a list made for Ace Hardware. Fix up, projects, no paint up yet because I oiled the cabin last year and bought some trim paint then but didn't put it on. I am sure there will be more such trips but Sunday's agenda is set.
Posted by Picasa