Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Knocking Myself Out

I really can't remember when when I haven't had a scab on the top of my head. Tall man in a short world. I saw stars going into the chicken coop to change a fuse. Copious blood, headache for awhile but complete recovery by noon. Strange because I woke up feeling good-rested, zippy. But I made progress on a number of things. Re-hung the door to the pumphouse. Straightened up the deck. A person gets used to his own messes so I tried to look through different eyes and set some plans for restoring some order. I'm pondering (have been for a year at least) doing alternative energy for the homestead. RV living convinces me that 12 volts is enough for most things. I will never be able to get off the grid entirely but getting some of it off the grid might be possible. The oil crisis is making me feel vulnerable to the corporations more than ever. Hugo Chavez in Venezuela has a bellyache so oil goes up to $126.00 a barrel because commodity traders are AFRAID something might happen. It never goes down-I think it is a scam. Particularly when the U.S. Government is competing with the U.S. people by filling the "Strategic Reserve" at astronomical prices- to the tune of 80,000 barrels a day.

Had a good play session with the doggies before this gray cool day produced some thunder- game over for the dogs. Honey was almost naughty tonight with pent up energy. I think she might be very smart and sensitive. She ventured into the pasture today and a mama cow took exception to her being there so she scooted for home. Buster who was napping out of sight of the action, suddenly appeared and put his heeler skills to good use and sent the cow back to the herd. He didn't even have to leave the yard. Guess he feels protective of the little scamp.