Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Second Verse, Same as the First

Her Fuzziness woke up the household by getting on the bed about 7:00 a.m. She sleeps next to me on the floor, by choice. Mr. Buster was scandalized and kind of went into a droop today. I think he needed quiet time because he holed up in the RV for a good nap. He perked up for a trip to town and after dinner tonight they were wrestling on the bed.

The household drudgery is still on the top of the agenda and efforts are sustained.

Cuz Donna called and we talked until my phone battery died. She is making progress on her thesis, has a teaching assistantship at Boulder for fall semester but isn't sure the pay will cover the commuting costs. She was getting a new garage door installed. We will get together for Rich and Val's wedding on July 5. Good to chat.

Memory Hook: The cyclone death toll estimate in Burma has been raised to 250,000. The earthquake death toll in China is estimated to be 50,000. I think they are still underestimating. Sad. Mother Earth is angry.