Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Is It Sunday?

It doesn't feel like Sunday. I find it interesting that so many years after retirement, Friday afternoon still feels good and Saturday is delicious. Sunday usually feels like Sunday but today doesn't. The dogs got me up early and it stuck. I was reflecting in the little-bit too-cool morning in the Lindy how cool the summer has been-really very nice since the storms stopped. But it decided to be summer before the day was over-plenty hot.

I ditched the dogs for a quick trip to Radio Shack for some plug adapters for stereo stuff. My big contribution to the wedding was a fat check for liquor but the music which was not even my main job is turnng pricey. I will follow through on my plan to DJ some dances at the Park in Florida. Rich and Val have been calling with some frequency about stuff-the wedding has taken on a life of its own. Val wants me to preside over the "Sand Ceremony." All immediate members of the family will pour their individual color of sand into a common vase, symbolizing their individuality while they become a part of the new family unit.

Kids called: Matt is on his way to see his surgeon in Eugene, then driving to Bend to to meet up with Cheryl and her California family for a little reunion. He is able to drive and has full range of motion but his knee is not cleared for load bearing or physical therapy yet. He sounded frustrated- it is being a long haul.

Jason called: They are home for a few days after a Tony Robbins Seminar in San Francisco and a four day conference in Las Vegas. Lori's eldest brother and kids drove over from White Deer so she played with them while Jason did his Las Vegas meetings. Her nephew Blake has been taking care of the Deerfield house and animals during this month of travel. They are ready to be home for awhile but committed to the wedding. So I will be excited to see them. Made my reservations today. I really did contemplate driving over each day primarily because on the 4th the fireworks scare Buster. With the Casper boom motel room prices, it would make the trips cost-effective too but I might miss out on some stolen moment with my kiddoes. So there you have it.

Honey is being totally Pyr-safely on the back porch barking constantly at shadows. I do see a little bit of her mother coming out though.