Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Utah Supreme Court tosses out conviction of 'wedgie' killer - Salt Lake Tribune

Utah Supreme Court tosses out conviction of 'wedgie' killer - Salt Lake Tribune

Not to ride a good horse to death, but this SLC Tribune article was pretty interesting. Evidently a "wedgie" is grounds for killing somebody in Utah. The article is pretty interesting but the reader's comments are a howl. In particular, the Wikipedia definitions of the whole range of wedgies made me laugh.

Update on Wednesday: Busy all day. The sound system is cobbled together-I tested it outdoors. I don't know if 1000 watts is going to be enough. It almost got rained on -we had a terrific thunderstorm. Lights out three times and a deluge. The sound system was crammed in the van in a hurry. Designed to be portable. Still lots to do and I seem to always be underestimating my energy these days. Getting old?

And speaking of good horses, Kristi decided to keep Lily so she and Camey came down to install her in the pasture with Misty. Two beautiful horses to watch, now.