Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pop Phoooooosssssshhhh

What goes "pop phooooooosssshhh?" That is the sound of your air conditioner fluid leaving suddenly as you are parked in line at Taco Bell. I went the three blocks to Plains Tire to have a little confab with them. They inspected it and nothing was very apparent. I'll take it in next Thursday.

This guy was checking me out checking him out. I tried to get closer but he thought I was up to some mischief and took off. Click to enlarge.

It has been subdued around here today. The dogs left for the swamp about 5:30 a.m. They came back separately and Honey had some fang marks on her leg. I have no doubt Buster put them there and surmise she probably had it coming. He is awfully patient with her but she gets in his face and impedes his progress-kissing him all the while. It makes him snappish. They have been keeping a little distance most of the day. Played a little this dusk. Honey stayed close to dad most of the day. I made a meatloaf and their attitude improved. Mine too. Won't have to cook until Monday.

Had nice conversations with Richard, cuz Donna, and cuz Jim and Susie. In addition to getting married, Rich and Val have been hosting their friends from Sweden and Rich has been a major domo of his 40th class reunion! It all closes out tomorrow. They have had a good time. Jim and Susie figured out I filled the gas tank on their Nissan when I borrowed it one night in Casper and called to say Thanks and chat. They are sweet. Three people said "I love you," which makes it a good day even if my Van is being a problem child and "the kids" are not getting along.
Posted by Picasa