Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Rich and Valerie get Hitched

My much younger brother and his long-time girlfriend ended their courtship with a nice church wedding and informal reception. It was relaxed and fun from beginning (with a 4th of July picnic at the ballpark, fireworks) to end-(a sit-down dinner/dance cocktail party at cuz Jim an Susie's.) All the brothers and significant others attended as did cousins, children of the bride and groom, friends, etc. numbering about 100.
Ever generous, the couple shared the limelight with three birthday celebrants,
The traditional dance was non-traditional- "Steamer" by Jimmy Buffett. All my work on songlists ended in a bit of a fizzle- about 20 songs would have done it. Feed a bunch of age 50 plus folks a big dinner and they start to get sleepy. Oh well, the 60-95 group awaits in Florida. I gave cousin Jim the sound system I scored for the event. It was just too big to haul between WY and FL. I have a good one here so it seemed it would go nicely in his new above-garage den/office. I'll get something that can stay in Florida when I go there next.

Honey's behavior was just fine and Buster is always good. People kept asking me how I found such good dogs. I just smiled and accepted the compliments. They added to the occasion. What really added to the occasion was a Margarita machine! Yummy-just pull the lever: we dispensed about 300 of them. It was a rental- I have been looking on eBay for one-they are out there at a big price. All sorts of beverages were served- one man who professed knowlege of tapping a keg had to go home and change.

Tricky and Dixie came by- kindly bringing a bottle of wine for the newly-weds-I made a down pay on the winner of the quotation contest. I have to correct myself- the Beacon Lounge is completely new from my days in Casper. I will look forward to buying an Amber Bock at the Beacon.

More (not so hot) pictures at the Web Album. I was too busy to be a very good photographer.

Rich and Valerie Get Hitched 7/5/2008

Posted by Picasa