Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fleet Week is ending

The Dodge Van went back in to Plains Tire and out this morning in just the time it took me to walk down to the Trailhead Restaurant for a leisurely breakfast and waddle back. They knocked off the price of the coolant but I am still feeling stung by them. Riverton Tire and Oil did right by me: only $63.00 to assess and fix the reason the "Service Engine Soon" light was flashing on the Ford Van. I was sure it was going to be major and so it sat for two months. It took a week to get an appointment is why I didn't schedule the Dodge there. Lesson learned. The Ford had developed a leak at an engine coolant hose clamp which had fouled a spark plug. I gave it a good bath at the carwash and I am glad to have all the rolling stock rolling. Now I will go about re-fitting the Ford. It is my long-haul turnpike cruiser and it is fully outfitted for every contingency. (crammed, in other words).

I got the usb wireless adapter to work on the Desktop Computer, after removing previous networking attempts. It is still not quite right but I know it can function. The 3G Store is great and Cradlepoint Routers are good products. They perform as advertised. Unfortunately that is not the norm.

I had the sleepy drags yesterday but got mostly caught up.

Janet is putting together our "Christmas in July party" for Saturday and I am scurrying about doing what I do. Should be a great time.

Honey is starting to look like a young dog- lanky. Buster is getting chubby because I work so hard to reassure him he is my best boy, he gets too much to eat. The Honey bear needs it, he doesn't. So what is my excuse?

Labels: , , ,