Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Lexi is a Basket Case

Bonnie and Dave's dachshund, Lexi, is learning to ride in a bike basket. She hates to be left so the answer was to take her with. At age 10 she poops out on her walks and not in a good way- but it is hot, so the biggest basket possible was found. Owing to her typical doxie physiology it is still not a real good fit but it beats walking. This is a loving and loved dog. She spends a lot of lap time. Today was her first day in the basket and she eventually relaxed.
The weather forecast (wrong again) was for storm cells with winds up to 45 m.p.h. That made me decide to jump ahead two days and disassemble and put away the screen room and put the awning up, storing a LOT of stuff in the process. Coming right along. As this is the single biggest task in getting ready to roll, I feel ahead of the game momentarily. No winds- in fact a beautiful evening.

It got late and home dinner choices were labor intensive. So I started driving and looking. Found a restaurant called "Friendly's" and it was. I had my first really crappy meal in Florida and it wasn't all that cheap. They were out of the sirloin tips, meatloaf was recommended. Think square Wendy's hamburger patties with cornstarch based gravy (canned- clear mucilage), garden vegetables : somehow they were both overcooked and tough, tiny texas toast, limp cole slaw, and two frozen onion rings. $12.65. Phooey. Even Buster was less than enthusiastic.
Posted by Picasa