Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Pride and Picnic at Sea

Sunday was a busy day. Waxing and polishing the RV a section at a time took up the morning (touchup in the afternoon.) I took a break at 11:00 a.m. to go to the Lake Worth Gay Pride Parade hoping to to be shocked and awed. The remarkable thing about it was how unremarkable it was. Aside from some flamboyant ones who were letting us in on their joke, it could have been Wal-Mart on any given weekend- a very diverse crowd ethnically, economically, body type, age and any other comparison. Attendance was fair. I only got hit on once, that by a sixty-five year old widowed woman who was attending with her gay son. I have Gail's card but I was involved with an artist once before and, while interesting, it did not turn out well...but the kids are just great.


Dykes on Bikes gave me a little thrill. When those Harleys roar and those macho women let out the clutch, it is pretty impressive. The Harley driving men take a backseat in the parade to the women. Lots of gay Harley riders out there evidently. I saw a lot of them in the parade. Either that, or the Hell's Angels got confused by the detour signs and ended up in the Gay Pride Parade.
A sunset cruise and picnic was a great experience. Jason made some turkey, ham, swiss cheese, avocado, lettuce, wraps that were very tasty. Good wine,veggies, cheese and crackers, and a perfect, calm, evening made for a great time. As we drifted in the Boca Yacht basin we heard the strains of several songs played on the bagpipe. Magical. It was way dark as we made our way home.
Eve Lori and Juneau relaxing, sipping and gabbing.

Having been caught in a major traffic jam due to a terrible wreck on I-95 on the way to Deerfield, I took Federal/route 1/ Dixie highway home. Buster did not go on the boat ride so I stopped at McDonalds for his late dinner. It was 11:30 when we arrived back at camp. Too tired to blog on Sunday night. A good tired.

Parade Pictures and Boat ride Pictures will be posted on the Web Album. Click the links below to go there.

Sunset Picnic on the Boca Yacht Basin 2008


Lake Worth Pride-Fest 2008

Posted by Picasa