Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Hi Jinks and High Seas

The neighbors at Lake Worth Beach. As I mentioned yesterday the surf was up. In fact it was a double red-flag day so it was supposed to be "no swimming." Some went in anyway. The breezes made things cooler and the neighbors all got sunburned. Me? I decided I had better do the spaghetti thing anyway rather than let good ingredients spoil. So I did the salad, sauce, and dessert. Prevailed on Joyce to use her stove and toaster oven to cook the pasta and garlic bread. She also cooked batch after batch of chocolate chip cookies in the toaster oven. I was eating them as they came out which is the best way.
I drove by the beach once but did not stop because I didn't want to bake Buster. I needed to run to the store again so I left him home and did take some pictures this time. A nice young man asked me if I needed a parking ticket- he had an unexpired one so I parked free.

The "summer people" are starting in the park. The new neighbors to my left are local and have a travel trailer, a boat and trailer, two cars and several bicycles. I haven't been able to count noses because they are in constant motion. They have a portable fireplace and I am not enthusiastic about that. Smoke gets in your eyes. Supposed to rain this weekend. I am glad.

I will be leaving Florida on the 15th of April. I extended a few days so I can babysit Juneau while the kids go to Texas for a few days. Eve will be coming for a visit around the end of this month. Her time will be relatively short so I will likely dine once or twice but stay out of the way for her chance to visit. She surely isn't coming to Florida to see me. Same way I did with Lori's mom and Martin. Fair is fair.

I have been looking for a dock box for Jason. The custom-made one I thought I had in the works did not materialize. After it took Audrey's Christmas gift 5 months to show up and Jason's birthday gift, a total no-show, I need to deliver or fall in the category of
total bull-sh----er.
Posted by Picasa