Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Me, Howard Hughes and Elvis...

Break out your tin-foil hats! My friend Audrey, told me that a key to storing RV's successfully in Florida is to get those shiny sunshades and put them in each window. I scouted and cleaned out the Dollar Store but did not even come close to having enough so I ordered a 25 foot x 4 foot roll from the RV store. This 88 degree day was spent measuring, cutting, and custom fitting 14 windows with aluminum coated bubble wrap. A major benefit was a significant drop in the interior temperature. TV, cell phone and radio signals seem to be stronger...and those voices, those infernal voices are no longer audible ( joke-I can hear them just fine.). Richard, my neighbor, said that Elvis visited Howard Hughes and came away with Howard's idea of putting foil in all his windows. I'll let you know...

Memory Hook: I saw the putt that Tiger Woods made to win the Arnold Palmer Tournament and tie Ben Hogan's record for the number of tournaments won (on TV- just like millions of others).