Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Juneau Turns Two

OK, his real birthday was Tuesday and he already had a party. Grampie had to do his party so he got another package-floating footballs and some big pool toys which probably won't last ten minutes but he will have some fun. It will be fun to watch.
He likes the footballs- only one was totally destroyed this evening.
He is not quite sure what to do with the inflated alligator. It is still floating!
His favorite toy is still a human. Kathy E. and Lori were on a shopping mission. Earlier Jason thought he might come up to the park after a stop at Boynton. So I tidied and as departure is in the back of my mind I played "pitch till you win," discarding quite a bit for me. I got a good start. Jason is still recovering so he fell asleep and had a good nap, called and suggested he grill something there in Deerfield. That was fine with me. The evening went on and the girls finally arrived and we went to JB's Bluewater Grille for dinner- hopping place with a band and outdoor dining. We had a surly waiter ( I kept thinking "parolee") who was rewarded accordingly for his efforts. The food was good, though. Always good to be with them. They are very good to the old man. They are doing very well and it is nice to see that.

Visited a little earlier in the day with new neighbor Richard as he prepped his rig for some paint. He is a singleton camper also. He bought his camper more than a year ago and has been full-timing it since. He raised his two kids by himself. The girl is well set-up and the boy moved home recently. Richard told him he can stay in his house for a year while he is "getting it together" but then the house is going to be sold and the old man is going to travel. Seems like a nice man- positive attitude. He loves RV life- moves every couple of weeks.
Posted by Picasa