Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Two pictures I Didn't Take

The top picture came to me captioned "Redneck Mansion." While it is funny, I appreciate the originality, use of recycled materials, and utilitarianism. It is not unpleasing aesthetically and might be a very fun place to inhabit. Definitely not one of the "McMansions"I deplore.

The bottom picture came right off the NASA site. There was a launch last night and I plotted the drive, scouted the viewing spots, scoped out the weather and decided I would make the decision about 10:00 p.m. Very cloudy and rain predicted by then and the launch was at 2:41 a.m. At midnight I bagged the idea. So I went to the website and got a good picture of the event. I will see a real launch someday.

Joyce asked me to take Garry with me to the RV store. I went over to prod him along three times before I announced I was going whether he was or not. I think he is afraid to leave his mommy. She was dying to get away by herself and did. Things were a little tense but we made it to the RV store, Harbor Freight, and an Auto Supply store. He didn't want late lunch at a drive-in so we went home. Joyce didn't show up until much later. I loaned them a ground cover for their patio. I discovered the reverse side wasn't as bad at the side that was showing so I will use it in the future.

Visited with several neighbors and Internet habitue's. Many are leaving soon. I researched a new and improved Internet system for next season. Took two long bike rides. Talked to Marilu and told her I probably wouldn't be going to Weeki- Wachee for St. Patrick's Day.

Cooked Mexican fusion food for the doggie and me on this cool and sunny day. He loves it. I cut the onions large so I can pick them out for his portion. He also got brushed today. He loves that too. He is so good.

Sarah Brightman in Vienna on PBS- very agreeable day all in all.
Posted by Picasa