Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Trails to Yoouu!

Harold and Julie left this morning. The empty space next to me seems...empty. They were great neighbors. Harold had fashioned a porch step because his site was so unlevel it required a major jack job during his stay. He gave the step to me. It is really well built and I always use one. Glad to have it. He spilled the beans that several campers were leasing spots up on 10th Avenue. An old trailer park is in transition preparatory to adding to a major apartment complex on the site. They are making deals because some income is better than no income and with the real estate market in the dumper down here, building is likely years away. I went to look it over. It is no prize but it does offer the two advantages of a guaranteed site and a longer stay. I am mulling but I don't have long to mull. They are going fast. Perhaps I can have a heart-to-heart with John the campground manager. I would rather be here but being left out in the cold is not an option.
Posted by Picasa