Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, February 25, 2008

What Happened?

The day was pleasant in every way but unremarkable. Just living and passing time. Visiting with the neighbors: Newish one, from Canada and newly retired. He and his wife are having a ball. They walk and ride bikes and just enjoy the sunshine. He stopped by when they moved in after seeing my Wyoming plates. He told me their daughter graduated from UW in Laramie. She attended on a swimming/diving scholarship and did well. His update today was that she is in Beijing trying to qualify for the Olympics. The diving venue is outstanding. They are assigned "minders" to help them and to keep them from seeing the poverty. They can go nowhere independently.

Took a pretty good bike ride. Took a nap. Ordered out from John G's restaurant- a great food place, Zagat Guide listed. Fish and chips. Late lunch and dinner. Much more temperate day. I'm boring but relaxed.