Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

This Weather is for the Birds

This is the second try on this post- the pictures wouldn't show up before. Thursday was another rainy day. I am getting tired of the rain but the moisture level is now a little above average which is a good thing no matter if it leaves me restless. The rain came straight down and the awning was perfect. Yay! That, at least, allowed me to sit in the screen room.

Since the send-off for Pat and Joe was rained out I grabbed umbrella and camera and walked over to their site during a lull of the storm. Nobody home. I walked and took pictures until it started to pour again. At my 6'7" height umbrellas are not very good for keeping things south of the equator dry but walking in the rain was a good experience.

Confined to quarters, I cooked and ate, napped, read, repeat, repeat. Watched American Idol .

Turns out I lied about the Met Life blimp. They just moved it over to the intersection of Congress and Lantana where the advertising value is better. Over here on this side people are waiting to cash in on their insurance which is not an insurance company's favorite thing to do.

The clouds did provide a great sunset. Friday is supposed to be nicer.

The show dogs are showing up and Buster is taking a dim view. He is not shy about complaining and warning them off.

Click on to Embiggen the pictures.



Posted by Picasa