Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hatches Battened, Hunkered Down

Even with Harold's offer of help, I decided to chance weathering the storms with my awning down and tied her down snugly. We are under a Tornado Watch, High Wind Warning and Thunderstorm actuality. Pretty much confined to quarters, though I walked under the umbrella to Lew and Greg's for awhile this afternoon. Petted my nervous pup, cooked my remaining pot roast and got a "good do" on this one. I read and dozed, played Free Cell ( winning 72 % of all the games on this machine- about 1400 of them), hit my career high on computer Solitaire: 7070 score in 109 seconds.

The afternoon storm was pretty impressive, there is a pretty good wind now, the Watch warnings will expire at 11:00 p.m. The awning works fine but I didn't reckon on the horizontal rain. Could be rainy for a couple of days.

When I drove to Deerfield Sunday I took Dixie/Federal highway- slower but more scenic. I saw two great signs: "Sum Ho Chinese Restaurant" and one for a "Physcic"- as in card reader.