Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

New Camera!

This was one hot and windy day. But I was itching to get out and snap, snap , snap. I am facing a steep learning curve. I had a good time. This goofy bird was fascinating. Above is how he looks most of the time. Below he has stretched his neck and is leaning so the fish are not alarmed. When a fish comes close he darts and wins two out of three times. Pretty amazing bird.
The houseboat of my dreams is on the rocks below. The camera caught a lot of detail: from the barnacles to the hanging wires.
Below, the Lake Worth drawbridge is still up and the anticlimactic cause of the hubbub- a fairly modest sailboat is just clearing. Click to enlarge the photo which is still reduced a lot from the original 10.2 megapixels.
It was over 27 degrees today according to Harold who properly uses the Centigrade scale. 82 degrees F. Taking a hint from my friend Audrey who also stores her camper here, I bought some of those shiny shades you can put on your car dashboard to block the heat- at the dollar store. I put a couple inside windows on the side of the coach that faces east. Achieved an immediate dividend in more cool and less air conditioning. I assured Harold I wasn't building a spite fence. Those darn Canadians are so nice they don't what a spite fence is. You can barely see the shades with my dark tinted windows anyway.

Rich called at Vespers time at Harold's. I left for a good chat with him, then returned. Rich was driving home from Douglas in a blizzard. Harold and Julie shopped till they dropped this day- a treat for Julie. The Canadian dollar and the American dollar are now equal for the first time in history. Next -the Rupee! Pat was going to dinner at the Rosenbergs. One of the guys who empties our poop tanks is in a band- they are giving a concert in the pavillion tonight. Review tomorrow. I am smelling an....Elvis Presley movie!

Memory hook(s): Tornadoes swept through the Bible Belt killing 55 sinners and making the rest feel "blessed." What a Guy!
Shaquille O'Neal was traded by the Miami Heat to the Arizona Suns in spite of the Emancipation Proclamation.
Posted by Picasa