Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Arrivederci Ang and Ann!

Took some farewell pictures of Ang and Ann. They are out of here tomorrow. Their month in the tropics has produced great tans and memories. They have made a lot of their time. I have enjoyed my visits with Ang and I made a special trip to Publix today for a corkscrew. The gift Chablis is just right- a nice tang but no bite, and just on the verge of sweet. Very nice. This picture captures them, their Volvo and their immaculate camper. They loaded up on the citrus to take home. They will be in Ontario Friday. They live in Niagara Falls- that side.

Patsy's husband didn't make it all the way home. After Montreal, the plane had to return because of weather. Their daughter had lunch with dad and sent an email to Patsy. She is willing to go home to babysit her daughter's dog in late February (for a roundtrip ticket). She said I would think that is crazy and I said not at all. I would likely babysit Juneau this weekend. Patsy will fly from Tampa as they will move to the west coast in February. She packed me a six pack of Corona from the store on her bike- she said Joe told her to do it. She is hosting the Superbowl Party.

Had a good gab with Lori today as she tidied up her house. She had been to Pilates and had parked Juneau at Chateau du Poochie. Today I had the privilege of watching the grandpuppy on closed circuit webcam. It was a riot. There were four Labs and the attendant was interacting 100% of the time. She was on her hands and knees playing with one dog and Juneau sniffed her butt. I nearly fell on the floor. It really is pretty neat. She gives them lovies and scratches bellies between throwing balls, and supervising doggie play. Some dogs drop out and take a rest for awhile. The lady was good about spreading attention.

Harold and Julie went to the beach on this cool day. I washed screens and windows, fixed a handle on one vent flap but mostly just fooled around. I took a good nap. No guilt because I was up at 5:00 this a.m. Rode the bike a bit. Took pictures to Norm and Norma. He is mean-he flashes that camera of his and gloats. Buster and I did nearly a mile tonight on his walk. He made nice with Bella.

Memory Hook: Florida Voting today: McCain won on the R side by a slim margin. Clinton on the D side by a healthy margin but it didn't count. (we are in Florida) Giuliani will likely drop out tomorrow. The Homestead exemption/tax relief referendum passed 2 to 1. Florida leads the nation in foreclosures.

Damn, that Chablis is good. Might be early to bed
Posted by Picasa