Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, January 28, 2008

If you Cook it,They Will Come.

Snagged Norm and his dog "Kitty." Kitty was a rescue dog and Norm and Norma were trying to decide on a name. She said, "kitty, kitty" and he was right at her feet. So Kitty is the name. She is a sweety dog. The look Norm has says more than any of my words could. Norm turned out to be a picture and camera buff, too. We went to his coach and looked at his Sony a100 with an aftermarket telephoto lens that set me to salivating. He was very generous in letting me try it out. It is a great camera. An SLR with some amazing features. It is the product of the marriage of Konica-Minolta with Sony and the hybrid produced a dandy. I've been reading reviews and checking prices tonight because my Canon has developed a little glitch that makes it think it needs the batteries changed when they are still pretty fresh. I have been working on it but it is frustrating. Reliability is key in a camera.

Norm and Norma are going to be touring Spain, Israel and Turkey soon. These "old people" sure seem to be doing a lot of things every place I look.

I had a little pot roast I put on about 2:00 p.m. I went to the RV store for more waterproofing and was applying it when I heard somebody say "Put some muscle into that." Greg and Lew were walking their dogs. They put Tracy and Mackayla on the plane this afternoon. They invested quite a little bit in that project. Sent the baby home with new clothes. Tracy gained about ten needed pounds and they arranged long distance to get her a new place to live. Their friend Nicky did a lot of the footwork and will keep an eye on things. We will see what we will see about that. They are kind people and I hope they are not payed back in regret. We visited over some beverages and I remembered my pot roast so I finished off the potatoes and vegetables and we had dinner together in the screen rooom. Even had some dessert thanks to Jason and Lori's generosity.

Iggy and his parents stopped by. On his early walk today I gave Iggy a big (Goodie's) dog biscuit and the little guy took right off with it for home and tried to bury it but eventually ate it. So he had to look in on me this evening. Pupper and JJ were with us but the little guy did not intimidate.

Greg and Lew's new car got wrecked last night. Mackayla was whining, they were at a stop light and a teenager came across three lanes and smacked them good. Nobody hurt but the new is off the car. The teenager's chubby little brother jumped out of the car and told the cops "I don't know why my brother did that!" Case closed.

Another cool day here paradise. The Internet users were reptilian- waiting until the sun warmed things up to come out.

Memory Hook: George W. Bush delivered his last State of the Union Address tonight.
Posted by Picasa