Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Campus Management Corp. Agrees to be Acquired by Leeds Equity Partners, LLC - Forbes.com

Campus Management Corp. Agrees to be Acquired by Leeds Equity Partners, LLC - Forbes.com

This link goes to the news story about the company son Jason works for and holds stock in. The boy has done well and has "golden handcuffs" being regarded as so vital to the company that he is locked in by a future payout. That is job security though he has no need to work another day.

So Lori and I headed to Sunrise mega mall of Outlet stores and shopped our little tootsies off. Lori is a smart shopper and had specific objectives in mind. I enjoyed her company and treated to Starbucks, to get the sugar up, and lunch because we were both fading (Salmon at the Grand Lux Cafe- pretty fancy) and I bought her a pair of shorts that cost $78.00 ( marked down to $4.50- told the clerk I was Lori's sugar daddy and gave her the giggles. (Whipped out a ten-spot and plunked it right down.) Enjoyed window shopping at Victoria's Secret. Sat in the lobby in front of Lucky Brand Jeans and texted a message that got Lori a 20% discount on one item in the store, asked the tattooed clerk where he goes to smoke and went there.

The world is divided into people who make me feel good about myself (as ugly, or uglier) and those who make me feel bad about myself (prettier). Sitting in the window looking out, at Starbucks, (while Lori bought bras) made me feel pretty damn good about myself. Made me think buying brand-name merchandise is a lot like putting lipstick on a pig. Played the Underwear? or no Underwear? guessing game and "Hope to God there is underwear under there."

We picked up Juneau at Chateau du Poochie where he had been parked for day care. Got the grand tour: $108 per night in a glassed in carpeted room with elevated monogrammed bed, individual flat screen TV, glass walls so other dogs can be seen, bottled water, filtered air conditioning, a masseuse if necessary, and a doggie chef for food preparation. A closed circuit TV allows you to check on your dog via internet and there is a telephone room where you can call your dog on a speakerphone and see its reaction on a webcam. The play areas all have webcams too. I was outside (having a smoke) after the tour and a woman came out and got into a waiting BMW convertible and told her husband ( a fogey with a stogie)-"You aren't going to believe this..."

Poor old Buster was stuck at home in an air-conditioned motorhome, with tap water in his dish and no TV. I felt like a dog abuser. Bought him Chinese take-out tonight to make up.

Be nice to gay people and people of color- South Florida retail and dog care depends on them. And they are fun.