Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Audrey at the Cantina

The Baja Cafe is a close at hand favorite of ours. Audrey seemed fine today- survived the hot tub, the beach and the swimming pool. So we took her honky-tonkin' just like her mom is doing at home. Cheryl called and said she has been out every night. At home Audrey was showing off her lavender crocs shoes.

The Baja is a fun place with very good food Tex-Mex food. I'll post other pictures at the Web Album. They are dead serious about their food and service but not much else.

Some mighty big panties and bras are part of the decor. The waitresses are all slim and big chestally ( I know I have blogged about this before but it deserves another mention.)

Audrey and Grampie did a little dancing. She is a great little dancer. She conked out when her food arrived but enjoyed her Quesadillas in bed at home. Jason and Lori installed a big screen TV in their guest bedroom today. Matt is afraid she won't want to go home but I think she misses her mom. I think she is probably ready to go home now.

We sat out on the dock and the kids fished in the dark. Bites but no catch. Matt returned a 6 pound catfish to the canal this afternoon. Juneau gets so excited. He is a fishing dog.

A fun evening.



Posted by Picasa