Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Matt and Juneau Fishing

or drowning cheese, more accurately. The trip to Seaquarium was postponed with an 8:30 a.m. call this morning. Audrey started barfing about 4:00 a.m. Matt was tired, Audrey was tired. Grampie was ready to go but quickly changed gears.

"Ang" M. (short for Angelo) was the earlybird Net surfer. He is 57, on a month's vacation from his business (Pensions and Insurance) while his daughter is manning the office in upstate New York/lower Ontario and his son is in the hospital with a gut problem. Italian dads make Jewish mothers look like pikers. He was back three times to check his email. Nice man and his wife is a nice person too, though she does not darken the door as often. The Internet business was brisk today. I pedaled quite a bit morning and evening. Also broke out the iPod for tunes to make me smile and read a New Yorker in the screenhouse. I called Matt a couple of times to see if there was anything I could do for him or Audrey. In the absence of any communicated plans I stayed home. The boys and Audrey went for a boat ride this afternoon. I will venture down tomorrow if Audrey feels better and does not seem to be contagious. I have avoided the family "bugs" so far and I would like to keep it that way. Audrey isn't an "easy child" when she is well- not sure I am ready for a sick Audrey.

Dr. Rosenberg dropped by for technical advice.

Dropped by Greg and Lew's. A drunk tried to get Michaela to enter his car yesterday afternoon. She ran for mom and JJ clamped her German Shepherd mix jaws on his crotch while Lew called the cops.

I went to the store this evening. I got a package of two eclairs on sale for $2.09 but they rang up more. I went to customer service. Got them free. Spuds were on sale -2 five pound bags for $5.00 or $3.29 for one bag. Now I am looking for somebody to give a sack of potatoes to.

Memory hook: George W. Bush is in Israel and predicting all will be rosy between Israel and Palestine by this time next year. More troops to Afghanistan- at least 7500. More importantly, Britney and her married paparazzo boyfriend tricked the tabloids by acting like they were going to NYC and went to Mexico instead. Better pharmacies there I think. Dr. Phil is being castigated on all sides. Guess that dog didn't hunt.
Posted by Picasa