Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Internet in a Box

The only public access Internet terminal in the park is in my "screenhouse." Thought the plastic gingham tablecoth would be a waterproof and "Wyoming touch."Said screenhouse was breezy and about 45 degrees this morning but a hardy Canadian couple did come to check their e-mail. Chilly here but after a quick check it was still 48 degrees higher than home. I scarcely recognize many folks all bundled up.

Greg dropped over to visit and sneak a smoke. JJ came in the house and Buster was less than gracious about it. JJ was very sweet considering. Lew was walking Pupper and found us- they were going down to Boynton to put "Mom and Pops" on a cruise. Greg is looking forward to working on their house without supervision.

With the cool it seemed a good day to run "odds and ends" errands. Went up to the RV place for one of those battery operated refrigerator fans, Publix for a bag of Pedigree dog food- Buster's new brand-Purina one Lamb and Rice seems to go right though him so back to the old tried and true. Went to check out the propane store. Somehow, I ended up at Hoffman's Chocolate factory. I went in.

Buster took me on a couple of good walks.

Jason and Lori are feeling some better but that is not saying much. Poor babies. Matt and Audrey are coming for a visit next week. I will so enjoy seeing them. Cheryl says she needs some space. Ominous. Que sera, sera. One hopes for the best.

Fiesta Bowl is on : I am rooting for West Virginia because of my "roots" there: Delores and friends on Wingrove Hill. Marilu has had to delay her departure for Florida because her van was vandalized,a neighbor's house was broken in, and her motion detector light came on in time for her to spot the vandals. She is having a burglar alarm installed.

Paid my rent for month two today-that starts tomorrow and the time once again is shooting by.
Posted by Picasa