Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Dog Portraits

Watching people and their pets interact here in the park gave me an idea. Take portraits of people and their pets. This man was happy to pose his beautiful retrievers. He had prints in 5 minutes and I had a picture or two. I like listening to people talk about their pets. Love is in their hearts and it is very positive. These dogs were beautifully groomed.


What if you opened a lemonade stand and nobody came? A man stopped to tell me to buy a WiFi router and he would pay a dollar a day. I said "Verizon"- he understood- that is his carrier too- a router could easily generate more bandwidth usage than they allow. AND, no money can change hands in the park- no private businesses on county land. He was a bright guy- fun to talk to. So far no browsers. I closed early because I was two cigs from paranoia and went to the liquor store. Bought my $2.00 Lotto ticket. Somebody else won the $37 million. Rats. I was counting on it. Shared a Subway sandwich with Buster for lunch.

Being tethered to the place this morning caused some tidying and cleaning to get done. This is a nice coach, very cozy. A nice place to be.
Some more to do, but we are presentable.

Didn't see Greg or Lew today. Rode the bike this afternoon as I do nearly every day. I blew a little oil in/on it-rainy days produce rust.

Fixed Buster's favorite dinner tonight- calves liver. He is strictly a carnivore. I gave him my plate after I was through- the little piece of potato was shiny from gravy removal but uneaten. He was a happy camper. He is settling in-being very good. We went clear around the upper circle last night. He gets to set the pace and direction, sniff what he wants. He is starting to look forward to it and doesn't hide when I get the leash. That is real progress.

The Patriots-Giants football game is on. I am missing more keys than I am getting right. I will stop this and watch that.
Posted by Picasa