Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Wasting Away in Maragaritaville?

Greg and JJ arrived this morning for a visit-I wasn't finished with my coffee but soon Greg found the Heineken's. I eventually started to work on the Internet Station while we visited and later Lew and Pupper showed up. I had the feeling Lew was none too thrilled the party started without him as he had stayed home to clean their camper. We were coming up on 1:00 p.m. and Greg was feeling a little peckish. Lew's cell phone was at his folk's house down in Boynton so I suggested the Quarterdeck for lunch after I collected my laundry to do at the Boynton house. That turned out to be a good plan. We had fun. I was glad to treat them. I tried my first Mango Mojito. Mojito's go down so smoothly, they could be deadly. I enjoyed the one. Buster enjoyed his doggie bag- I hope he doesn't get accustomed to medium rare bacon bleu cheese burgers. All the food was good and the servings generous. Greg and Lew are lively conversationalists. I split for Jason and Lori's house and did laundry and took a luxurious shower while the laundry was washing. I am so relaxed tonight I am nodding.

I had good phone today. Sue called. She had her first full night's sleep in months, if not years, and it put a smile in her voice. She had had a big to-do with Rasty about the toilet bowl brush before he went to the hospital. She found it. Under her pillow.

Matt called to report it was 34 degrees in Medford and snowing. I was totally mean and honest to report to him we were sitting on the Quarterdeck verandah having libations amidst big breasted, scantily clad women and wished he were with us.

Lori called while I was on my way home from Boynton this evening. They went directly from the airport to entertaining the Withrow clan yesterday. She rested after her Pilates class and getting them to the airport today. They had a good if brief visit in White Deer. Saw her mommy and the rest of the family-always a good thing at Christmas. She said they would call after they get collected.