Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Gone to the Dogs

Dog sitting in Deerfield Beach has been very enjoyable so far. I successfully integrated Buster and Juneau. While not best buddies, they are nice to each other and Buster successfully puts an end to things if Juneau gets to be too much-an easy thing for his rambunctiousness. That said, Juneau has been pretty mellow-snuggly even. Buster has eagerly provided backup for Juneau's emergencies, real and imagined, barking right along. Enter Tahoe, the great Golden Retriever from next door who IS Juneau's best buddy, and more Buster's size, and the practiced number two dog is not going to be number three. Buster is happy to go to the van for awhile. Tahoe and Juneau are a stitch-I got good pictures but the means to get them into the computer are in Lake Worth.

Tahoe's owner/parent got her wallet stolen today and spent the afternoon dealing with that. What a mess. Her husband, who awaits her in Hawaii, and she share the same credit cards except for American Express so he is without funds too.

Cooked tonight- Juneau thinks I am an amazing cook. Buster said "I told you he was a good cook." Shopped this morning and will have a warm dinner for the kids when they return on Sunday evening-even if I am back in Lake Worth by that hour.