Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Elante' Lives!

I purpled myself from right elbow to mid-chest, but the key turned and the mighty 460 cubic inches engine roared into life. It is not a pretty job but it should work. I disconnected the knife switch for the evening so the coach batteries do not suck the life out of the engine battery. There is something amiss electrically because the windshield wipers have a life of their own that seems to be related to the hazard flashers. I will have to consult an expert. The dope at RecVee in Casper was the last to fiddle with the hazard flasher, I believe. But I believe I will be able to move onto my spot tomorrow. The contrast between motorhome and this nice home hit home. That will give way to the joys of settling in and making a cozy campsite for the next 100 days.

I got mail-email from Greg. They arrived and got a crummy site and had two blowouts and had to replace an axle on the way down from New York. He is already kvetching about the French Canadians. Hungry for an English speaking friend. I have only seen one familiar face among the staff. Something is up. Everything (nearly) in Palm Beach county is crony or corrupt or both. Three County Commisioners are currently serving time as is a Lake Worth city councilman. We will just have to see.

I spent a delicious few hours this morning reading an 18th century sea yarn. I have heard raves about this series of books by Patrick O'Brian. Master and Commander is the first. Very well researched and authentic and engrossing to read by the seashore.