Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Florida!!

We arrived very early on the 21st-it was almost the 20th. Buster was so good, but he was tired of riding and is so happy to have a stationary couch to zonk on. The kids have work and errands in preparation for a Thanksgiving crowd so they called and signed off for bed but told me where they hid a key for me. After the fiasco last night, I am watching TV on a 52 inch screen, and catching up my blog in the "Boynton House." I will first see the Deerfield house tomorrow.

The drive from Montgomery, AL to the outskirts of Tallahasseed also took me through a little bit of Georgia. I loved seeing cotton fields and peanut fields, and a cotton gin, and this little farmer's market where I got some peach jam, some pecans and some yummy looking tomatoes. I-10 and I-75 were the nightmares they usually are with construction and "home for the holidays" traffic. Three lanes in both directions all nearly bumper t0 bumper at 75 miles per hour. Throw in a nutcase or two and my teeth were on edge until we hit the Florida Turnpike. Things settleed down a lot and we cruised on in. Overall, I am pleased with the choice of route this time. Much more scenic, much less traffic, and not as breakneck. And we made pretty good time and came in under estimated mileage. This is good because I was hitting some $3.25 per gallon gas today.

Glad to be here safe and sound.
Posted by Picasa