Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

PPPPerking Alllllong, brrrr

This more than brisk cold snap was salutary for the tasks at hand....getting out of Dodge while the getting is good. I do not do well in the cold (anymore). I am getting closer to being ready. Friday will be super busy but I think things are do-able.


Buster has been staying close and thinks each time I head for the van we are going to go-someplace. And we did go to town twice. Thomas came with his truck to haul me and my trash to the dump-I came back. Thomas is a treat-he is "blossoming," kind of chatty and starting to form his own opinions about things and generally appreciative of his mom, family and life at this time.


Walgreens has a "club plan" for we uninsured. I joined last year. I got a heck of a deal on my "generic-type"prescriptions. The name brands are still pricy. I have a three month supply of many of the prescriptions.


I made a list the other night. I need to see how I am doing and what was "blue-sky."


I think I decided on an alternative "Plan C" route. The good news is it will avoid Atlanta, include some new territory and is fairly efficient. The bad news is the new territory is Alabama- I know that is unfair. The last time I was there the people were among the most friendly I have met anywhere. No "Boss Hogg's" in sight. This is the new route:
This route is 2450 miles- 18 miles to the gallon, $3.00 per gallon- $408 for gasoline alone- if I am careful and lucky.