Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Kokopelli-the Flute Player

Sue has been beading. I think as much to keep sane as well as plying a craft at which she is excellent. The television has to remain off at their house because Rasty can no longer distinguish between reality and television. What is on the tube is happening in his house and you can imagine how upsetting that would be.

She sells her handiwork on eBay at paltry prices-I keep encouraging her to go higher.
Here is a link in eBay and you can see her other items.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZetheteowl


The whole business of aging is closing in. From cousins: great aunt Eleanore is in care now. She fought tooth and nail threatening her kids with her lawyers, but loves where she is now and says she feels like the "Sheen of Queba" with all of the help she has.

Rose and Smitty have also gone into care-unfortunately not together because he requires skilled nursing and she is at the assistive level. But they are close and the kids are breathing easier and the apartment is cleaned out.

We are glimpsing our futures, unless we have the good sense to ignore all the Health Nazi's and depart while we are still young and beautiful, have most of our marbles, and can still muster a giggle. I can still hear my father saying, with a double Scotch in hand, "If I am going to live to be 70, I am, by God, going to LIVE to be 70." He didn't quite make it.

I am whittling away at departure tasks- got critical banking done. Good to go on the moolah front. Winterizing the "stay at home motorhome," making lists, and dithering about what I forgot to put on the lists, seeing the close friends that want to see me. Buster has his medical appointment. I am enjoying much less appetite and more vim. I am doing some non-critical tasks that seem critical: more memory for the cell phone, so my pocket entertainment center has plenty to keep me engrossed. I usually drive till I drop, repeat, and have no leisure time on the way but I MIGHT.
Posted by Picasa