Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Snow and Wind

Snowy and Windy today and this evening but the weatherman says it won't last long-for what that is worth. To see people still putting up hay in the last week of October is unusual. We have been lucky this year to have such a nice fall.

I had a quiet day at home. I managed to make the glucometer hit 284 last night and did not feel well but have progressively felt better today. Fine right now. I had a big dinner yesterday at the Golden Corral buffet-feeling I needed veggies and fruit- right choices but probably too much and went to McDonald's to get a burger for the pooch and noticed they were now offering ice cream cones. I succumbed to that temptation. That is probably what did it but first thing today I made an appointment with the Doctor. On a fast since last night I was still at 151 at noon. I'll go tomorrow to get blood tests at Lander (and license plates for the Ford Van). I'll see the doc on Friday afternoon with test results and my own glucose chart at the ready. Meanwhile, I am being careful. I am probably just too sweet for my own good.

I did do some exercising and work. The fleet is ready for the long winter.

Buster and I have a new room mate- he seems quite relaxed and at home. D-Con will get him soon. Everybody is trying to get settled for winter. Can't blame him.

Delores called. We always have a laugh or six-at somebody's expense, often our own. Medical talk too. Riverton hospital life flighted our mutual acquaintance to Casper with a supposed heart attack. Casper diagnosed shingles! Somebody else was diagnosed with an inner ear infection and had, instead, had a stroke-life flight to Salt Lake.

Matt called- he sounded a little lonesome with his women in California. I miss him too but I always have. Hope he gets some sleep while he can.