Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Paydirt!

Cheryl e-mailed this picture from her new camera-the plan is working. The occasion was our last supper when the Audster decided to give Grampie an unsolicited hug. A treasured moment.

Back home on the rez, I was feeling rested up and called Sue and Rasty-suggesting I bring Sunday dinner up. That was a good plan. Went to town, did my chores, found a better pillow for Buster to ride on, and stopped by KFC to get a big bucket and four side dishes. Having been gone for awhile, it was both good to see them and disheartening because Rasty's decline is rapid. He is socially appropriate, but only about half of his responses are on point. Sue had set the table and had ice water put out. Rasty sat down and started to stir his napkin into his ice water. He needs help getting food onto his plate but eats well. Sue is sweet with him-protecting his dignity. That is not always a two way street. When she has to she just agrees or tells him what he wants to hear. It is going to be lost in a minute anyway. It didn't make too much difference because I blabbed on (and on). Sue wanted to fuss about leftovers but I skedaddled. She has enough to do- if they can make a dinner and lunch out of the leftovers, I am glad of it.
Rasty's son and grandson have been over to help them get the swamp cooler down and get some sheep to the sale barn. Sue thinks she can manage the rest. The mamallama and the baby are doing fine. The baby is growing and full of it. The triplets are cute little lambs and they have a mama who is very protective. She was bobbing her head and pawing and snorting at me and I wasn't even near them. Rasty's beloved horses moved to Guy's place and Rasty has not missed them. God save me from Alzheimer's.
Posted by Picasa