Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Taking it Down a Notch

The Floridians have left: Jason back to Seattle for conferences this week, Lori back to Florida and her Juneau pup. I took Starbuck's coffee and muffins over to Eve's, Matt joined us and we had a visit and farewells. It was so good to see them and all play together for a few days. They are pressing me to come in time for Thanksgiviing. I told them I would try. The six times they asked they said "But no pressure," and grinned.

I spent the day with Matt as he did chores: vacuuming the leaves off the flat part of his roof, replacing floodlights on his house and just visiting, (and eating leftover turkey for lunch) pumping the peanut oil from the fryer back into the jugs. He is working three days a week at the County Corrections Program-supervising trusties and doing UA's . It is a very innovative program. I gave Buster a good brushing as he is shedding. He is settling in at Matt's house and even went to him for a scratch, flattering Matt. We both like this person quite a lot. He is a good man.

In the afternoon, I went to Eve's to work on her computer-and ended up trying to instruct her in a few tricks and operating conventions. She is a brilliant woman but artist think and computer think are separate skills. Folded laundry from the guests- a task that would not have been completed at my house until they were due to visit again. Monday is Audrey's afternoon at grammie's. She was a delight after her nap. Cheryl came to collect her and we met Matt at Kaleidoscope Pizza. Excellent Pizza and salads-I was a little taken aback at a bill for $89.00! It was a mistake but even $55.00 was a little high for Pizza, though it was very good and the Pear Hard Cider,and Wine added some. I'd do it again, though. Called it an early evening for all are tired- more relating and visiting than any of us are accustomed to- even Buster has not moved in three hours.