Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, October 08, 2007

My Helper Turns 16, Yay!

Thomas turned 16 which means I no longer have to accompany him on the trips to the dump, although I may go anyway, because he is good company. Since the day a few years ago that my full-size pickup went up in flames at the dump, trash hauling has been problematic. So this year I enlisted learner permit Thomas who liked to practice driving and could use gas money for his truck, to be my aide. Brother Aaron and sister Amanda obviously think he is great and would look better with bunny ears.

He was off to a hunter's safety course this day so Paula, his mom came to fetch me at my mechanics at RTO. The Green Van is in for a fix and the oil boom is such that mechanics are booked tight. So I left it and they will work on it as they can. Oregon is on my mind and agenda.

There is a crime wave in the neighborhood. Harlan was looking to get a new farm pickup to replace the ancient Dodge 4WD, that misses on one cylinder. They were surprised at the cost of a late model pickup and at how little the Dodge would bring on trade in. The negotiations were rendered moot: the Dodge went missing. Stolen in the night.
Guess I had better start taking the keys out my vehicles, though I hate to after 34 years of no problems. I'll keep my eyes peeled for their Dodge around the rez and when I go south. It is pretty recognizable. You just have to hope dishonest people get what's coming to them someday. Karma takes care of what the law misses.

Sue had a ewe that threw three lambs. I'll bet they are cute. I will go see someday soon.
Posted by Picasa