Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

I May Dance Again

The legs are resuming human proportions again. Horizontal time seems to be the best treatment and that has not been hard to do. The sleep deficit caught up and is also in the process of being remedied. Buster is bored with me and is letting me know about it. I think the trick is to not let it get so bad again before having a sleep-fest.

I was due for another freebie cell phone. What was wanted is for my LG6100 to just be fresh again-good ringer, clear strong signal. It is a gem of simplicity, could be tethered to the computer for a modem (although slow- but effective anywhere a signal could be obtained) and was small and light. I got an LG 5430 which is very similar, lighter, smaller, has bluetooth, instead of tethering and is a tri-mode phone meaning it works on the old network as well as the new. The old network is supposed to go dark in February 2008 but in the wide open spaces, the stronger, older, network will likely dwindle instead of stop as cell phone providers race to replace their repeater towers.

Did you know: Old Cell Phones-even "de-activated" ones still work for emergencies? You can dial 611 (and 911) even if you no longer have cell phone service. So, if you choose not to donate it to an abuse shelter, it is still useful to you in an emergency. Turned off, the batteries last quite awhile. You should charge them once in awhile though.




Friend Delores celebrated a birthday. The folks at the office built on her observation that she is morphing into cartoon character Maxine and played it up providing regalia. Here she is in character and all her splendor: