Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Where Did This Week Go?

It was not spent in riotous dissipation, nor earth-shaking productivity, but it was spent. Took a meds vacation to try to straighten some things out and slim some things down without a whole lot of success. I am feeling OK but went through the old dozy/fat ankles, etc. Got some new shoes in the mail but even 14-D's are a close thing when the feet are fat. Mail order provides the Dr. Scholl Velcro fasteners that allow me to adjust. (Oh crap-Orthopedic Shoes, what f-ing next! In Florida it is going to have to go from "those old people," to "we old people")

I have to appreciate that I live in/near Riverton. I lost a ring somewhere between Wal-Mart and home. I searched the homestead carefully and thought, "Well, it won't hurt to call Wal-Mart." They had it- it had been turned in by unknown person(s). Pretty amazing for this day and age. I am impressed.

I have not been to town to be productive because of the construction but they are laying blacktop down this week and it is welcome. I have a list of to-do's and with a departure date that creeps up on me, I need to be doing them.

Susie thinks the puppies are a false alarm-they should have arrived by now. I still think Buster needs a buddy but he is a hoot. He tries to boss me sometimes and takes care of me. He is getting quite "chatty." He spent most of the day being a dog today. He let himself out after he had enough of nap time. Nothing gets past him when he is on guard.