Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Snug Sunday

It is a drizzly fall day, snowing in the Wind Rivers, 45 degrees outside, the Doncos are playing Buffalo, I am waiting for them to morph into the Broncos, stew is in the crockpot, Buster is dozing at my feet. Life is good. Yesterday was a dozy day. I didn't wake up where I went to bed, so I know I had a bad night and then drooping eyelids kept me close to home. Got a new lease on life about 2:00 pm, after a good nap. Matt called-his business was doing security at a big wedding in Ashland and it was uneventful so he had time on his hands. We had a good chat. Ditto with Donna who was on her way to the Nob.

Friday I had packages and other things to mail and I needed batteries so I went to Radio Shack. A heavily discounted XM radio and am/fm/CD/mp3/ boombox caught my eye. I had done the research and pretty much decided that Sirius had the better package in satellite radio but had not plunged. With my self-limited television I have been listening to the radio more. My kids, even when they were in radio, referred to this as "Radio Free Wyoming" for its lack of choice. It really suffers in comparison to southern Florida where choices are great and I listen all the time. XM won the day with discounts and rebates. There is heavy talk about XM and Sirius merging anyway. I am exploring 170 channels of mostly commercial free radio.



I have been reading Bandler and Grinder's Structure of Magic in review and expansion of the Neurolinguistic Programming training I took with Lori last year. It also fits with the intuitive surge I have going on.