Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Noah, Audrey and Anna

Anna's mom is a professional photographer. They live next door to Eve and this Summer/Fall photograph is a keeper. Noah, Audrey, and Anna. (Audrey has her own bike now so Anna is much easier to get along with.)

Life on the rez is plodding along. Some days I feel great, some days not. Yesterday was a good one-I washed and waxed my Class C motorhome- the Lindy. The twenty year old cleaned up right nice. Then I developed some itchy lesions on my skin- so Dr. Internet was consulted. From pictures, I have spider bites or more likely drug/Sun reactions. Three of my meds caution about too much Sun. Guess I found out why. Itchy and draggy today. All meds ceased. My ankles were getting huge again anyway so it is time for a vacation from the blood pressure meds. I'll rely on aspirin to thin my blood for a couple of days- might have to toss the shoes and use the shoe boxes. Too bad there is not an alternative that works for me on that medication.

The XM radio has had a couple of nice surprises. The comedy channels, though profane are very funny. The quality of sound is excellent on the music channels. Very enjoyable. I'll see how it functions on my upcoming road trips.

Singing to the Dawgs -I know I am not the only one- Lori sings to Juneau, and I have talked to others who sing to their pets. Goody was so nervous when I got her from the pound that I sang songs to her on the way home from Casper. She had her own song- kind of an Icelandic Saga (Beo-woof?) that had her ever lengthening story. It had quite a few yips, and barks and her sounds-she was so vocal. She liked it but she was also a little embarrassed. Buster is just plain enthusiastic- he melts. He has started "talking" as Goody did. Mostly he bitches. Goody had a wider range and vocabulary. I was missing her yesterday. Susie's dog may have some pups in the oven. I may entertain getting one-Buster is so interested in his own kind. The other night he was frantic to go out. There was a great din in the neighborhood. The coyotes were concentrated in this area and dogs from every place in the area were raising hell. Buster and I joined them. I can do a pretty good Pyrenees imitation. We ran them off. (Or they were in the bushes laughing their asses off.)
Posted by Picasa