Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Jason Catches Lori Sleeping With Boyfriend!


Jason has photographic evidence of alienation of affections but he doesn't seem to mind at all. Cozy naps with warm dogs are one of life's great pleasures. My Grandpuppy is turning into a Grand-dog. This is a good sign, actually. Juneau has been so rambunctious that he was most often a dud as a snuggler. He slept on my feet when I stayed my last night in Florida and that was seen as an anomaly. Jason says Juneau is definitely bonded with Lori. When he walks him, Juneau keeps looking back to see if Lori is coming.

Lori must like living on the edge-her head is awfully close to the dangerous end of a Lab. My Goodie was part Lab and part some more fastidious breed. She would occasionally have a "Lab moment" and turn around as if to say "What was That!?" She was such a lady.

They are having RV dreams. That is a natural evolution in dog ownership. Leaving the dog at home is hard to do. Traveling with them is somewhat problematic. Motorhomes are the answer. At John Prince Park many rig owners are candid: "That is the dog's (or cat's) motorhome."

_______________________
Lots of horizontal time, interspersed with brisk
walks and heavy duty compression socks and lots of magnesium and other minerals have my legs headed back toward normal. Some pain. I have to admit this was a bad bout. My calves pretty much met my jeans. Some leakage. But that is in the rear view mirror. Glucose monitoring has raised the consciousness and my numbers are better. (Not to bore you with this stuff but I have found the Blog useful to me to see what is/was happening- mostly for my own use.)


Posted by Picasa