Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Melange

Tech assistance is closed. Last evening I helped bro Rich find his disappeared E-mail over the phone, and Emailed instructions on Picasa Web Albums to friends vacationing in Greece. I'm glad I know how to do some of these things and can help. The Greece venture is my longest tech assistance gig-though I know I have been helped by people in India so it is no record.

One hand washes the other department: Susie had invited me for lunch at their house. She had made a delicious roast with taters, onions and carrots. Rasty peeled carrots this morning but was idly wielding a huge meat fork and had a problem deciding where he would sit. As tragic as it is, it is also interesting trying to figure out what triggers his conversation because it is out of context most of the time. Sue is great at having conversations that allow him to participate but don't pressure him. It was a pleasant time and I left with dinner- a person has to give in on the leftover war once in awhile-besides it tasted sooo good.

Rasty's son Guy and his wife went to Fort Collins to see an orthopedist with X-Rays in hand planning to go down and back in the day. When they arrived they discovered the envelope had somebody else's X-ray. They had to stay over. I told Sue that excuse for Janet missing work another day is going to go down like "the dog ate my homework." Improbable, but true.

Jason called last night. They had been over to get the "Boynton House" ready for me. Sweet of them but now I feel like a pain. I had sent the kids Email on how I am the Houseguest from Hell due to my quirks, sleeping issues, etc., etc., and how "my space" is better suited for all than my becoming rapidly unwelcome. I will be underfoot for several days until my reservation at the park opens up but I will have a palace of my own in which to be odd.

I didn't advance a single agenda item today toward the end of leaving by the 17th but I will honor the invitation to arrive by Thanksgiving. Dozed a lot.