Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

No Longer in a Fog

The day began early with chipping ice off the windshield and letting the Van warm up before his highness, Buster, would venture outdoors. I have created a wimp! He wouldn't come in the house for the first two years of his life. It was a very foggy day but having fasted for 11 hours, I was not going to blow off my appointment for a blood test so we turned on the lights and crept. Lander was in sunshine. The hospital staff was in full Hallowe'en mode. I was received by a clown, Sneezy the dwarf took my money. The phlebotomist was professional. I was done in 15 minutes and headed for McDonald's for breakfast for two. The courthouse was not busy so I was out of there in 15 minutes with license stickers for the van that I attached in the parking lot. Left sunny Lander for foggy Little Wind River Valley.

Of course I didn't make a list and had to go to Riverton in the afternoon-that venture taking about twice as long as usual due to the construction. Armed with treats for the Trick or Treaters who have come three times in 30 some years, I started passing some out to people in the waiting cars. Was rewarded with smiles and waves from three little Indian kids in the car in front of me. They had costumes and were about to fly with excitement.

My test results will likely arrive tomorrow. What a deal. Walk in, pay $40.00 for two blood tests and get them overnight.

Had good Email from pranksters and friends.