Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Fine as Frog Hair

Took my data and my body to the Doc. Came away with a new prescription and a new lease on life. The only number that was seriously out of line I could have checked anytime. Oink, oink. Glucophage is the new med. It helps your body use the insulin you make and thus reduce blood sugar. Based on my first tablet, it peps you up and makes you poop-neither of which are unwelcome side effects. I went around Wal-Mart at a fast waddle having promised me to reward myself, for going to the doc, with the new Eagles and Springsteen CD's. They are cheap-and not being played on the radio because the lyrics are seen by some as being critical of the current management of the country. But they are favorite artists and I tend to agree with their point of view. After all, we have grown older together. Then we went to Taco Bell to further celebrate the weight gain. Other than that, BP, Cholesterol, blood gases, other indicators were as expected or explicable-potassium was low but I did not take my pill prior to the test. Uric Acid was high- please pass the Vinegar.

Brother Rich called to rub it in that the James Taylor Concert in Casper was great, great, great. Taylor said he liked Casper and would come back anytime. (I'll bet he says that to all the towns.)

It is always a load off to find you are basically healthy (knock on head).